Abrasion editor Andrew Gatsby (me) is officially on jury duty. Because of my junior programing skills, or lack thereof, I've failed to empower any of the contributors with editor status. Thus We shall have to do without Abrasion bite for a couple of days. In the interim, earnest jones will tinker as best he can to enact himself as possible editor. So check in and see if he is successful. He's got a strange wit, that one...
From Popbitch: "I voted Republican this time. The Democrats left
a bad taste in my mouth." - Monica Lewinsky
Shocking! Racy! Twenty seven minutes ago! Stills from the new Britters music video with co-slut Madonna show how the tired road visited once (MTV with Madonna), twice (SNL with Halle Berry), three times a hussy gets tired oh so very quickly. Since hanging with adult film stars in LA, you'd think Britney would have learned that people enticed by this type of old hag on young girl thing gets fingers itchy for the fast forward button straight to the dirty money shots. Don't tease, just please. See mommy make out with teenager for yourself.
Shameless Quarterpounder with Cheese hustler Justin Timberlake is now shopping a tell-all book about his relationship with Madonna mauled, wax worked Britney Spears. London's Evening Standard reports bids escalating to seven digits.
Contributor and incognito porn icon Allegra Di Marco submits the latest in Britney skankification now forever immortalised in Madame Tussaud waxiness. Awaiting Madonna to hump it when spilling for publicity on the launch of her next children's book.
NME reports critically acclaimed and beloved singer/songwriter Elliott Smith has died at the age of 34. Smith was working on a new record entitled "From A Basement On The Hill". Cause has been confirmed as suicide.
George Simpson at Medialife blasts the Metrosexual phenom: "A metrosexual is nothing more than a guy who finally figured out he'd get laid a lot more with a haircut, clean fingernails, his shirttail tucked in, and thus empowered, able to entrap dates in his apartment by cooking them meals. At the end of the day," asserts Simpson, "it is asking too much of men to give up tits, beer, sports, cars and fart-lighting."
Meish.org invites you to guess the modified album covers. Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough...
The Globe and Mail, CBC, Yahoo and BBC provide recaps of the "devastation in a few short hours" after an angry mob of concert goers learned the scheduled punk-rock show was cancelled.
- 42 cars vandalised and/or overturned, of which 8 cars torched into blazing fireballs
- 7 arrested, including 1 woman for armed assault, 5 adults and 1 minor for mischief.
- 100 police officers dispatched to wrestle with the several hundred strong mob.
- 3 police officers and 2 security guards injured in the melee
- 11 band members (from cancelled acts The Exploited and Total Chaos) found guilty for serious criminal offenses.
- an additional 4 band members caught giving Immigration officials false information.
- 11 shops directly damaged remains unclear, with dollar damage estimates pending.
- Countless heads shaking across the country. Kids, this is why they banned dancing in "Footloose".
Running October 21 to 26, the Montreal Electronic Groove Festival features such highlights as DJ Cheb I Sabbah, Mr. Scruff, Tiga, Trevor Jackson of Playgroup and new works debuted from NYC art/electro hustlers Fischerspooner.